I write and publish both rigorously researched and developed academic materials and more informally produced articles. I always strive for reasoned argument, but without neglecting the emotional and human underpinnings of everything (I don’t always succeed).
- The Impact of Government-Mandated Public Access to Biomedical Research: An Analysis of the New NIH Depository Requirements, 19 Alb. LJ Sci. & Tech. 421 (2009)
- Transnational Wiretaps and the Fourth Amendment, 36 Hastings Const. L.Q. 329 (2009)
- Open Source, Open Access, and Open Transfer: Market Approaches to Research Bottlenecks, 7 NW. J. Tech. & Intell. Prop. 14 (2008)
Additional academic work I have produced is listed on Google Scholar.
Selected Working Papers
- Embracing the Opposition: The Conservative Appropriation of Liberal Critiques (2013)
- "But that Speaking Makes it So": the Role of Narrative in the Formation of Community (1997)